Thursday 24 April 2014

Steve Davies

Founder of OZloop and change advocate

  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Email Me
Steve Davies picture
Former public servant with over thirty years experience working in the public service in various roles. Founder of OZloop and custodian of APS Bullying.
In my spare time I like to contribute to the Gov 2.0 movement here in Canberra.
Since leaving the Australian Taxation Office and Public Service in December 2011 I devote my time and expertise to the advocacy of ideas associated with change and social media engagement.
A strong focus of my work concerns the exposure of systemic bullying and mobbing within the public service.
The practices that encourage bullying and mobbing are a threat to authentic open government, undermine innovation and cause great harm to individuals.
Dissenters and whistleblowers (even at a low level), are frequently bullied and mobbed within the public service. These injustices spill over into the wider community and cost taxpayers dearly.
I believe that the free flow of information and freedom of expression are essential to decency in public administration and the relationship between government, the public service and the community.
I am currently writing a book entitled The Anti - Social State and present at conferences from time to time.
I am open to creative opportunities that align with my belief in the free flow of information, freedom of expression and human rights. Then there's my 3D's. Democracy - Decency - Dissent.

No comments:

Post a Comment